We have some really cool holiday workshops coming up for junior students in the April school holidays. These workshops will again be on performing action for movies. They are great for students new to action performance and also for continuing practice and development for those who have already done it before. There are several one and two day workshops available.
You can see videos from the most recent workshops here
If you would like to participate, I need your booking by 11th April to confirm your place.
- Tuesday 22nd April – Fight Scene Kids (8-12 years)
- Wednesday 23rd April – Secret Agent Kids (8-12 years)
- Thursday 24th April – Fight Scene Teens (13+ years)
- Friday 25th April – Secret Agent Teens (13+ years)
- Tues – Wed 29th-30th April – Film Project Kids*
- Thur – Fri 1st – 2nd March – Film Project Teens*
Fight Scene – This workshop will teach the basics of how to execute and respond to punches, kicks and other unarmed strikes for the screen. This is a skill that like many others improves with practice, so it is well worth continuing to practice these moves even if you have learned them before. The workshop will culminate in students choreographing and filming their own fight scene.
Secret Agent – This workshop will teach the basics of how to fight with weapons for screen, including bats, knives and guns. At the end of the workshop participants will film their own short ‘Secret Agent’ fight scene.
Film Project* – In this two day workshop students will plan and shoot their own short narrative action movie.
*Students must have attended the Fight Scene and Secret Agent or previous summer holiday courses to participate in the 2 day Film Project sessions where we will shoot our own short action film.
Places will be limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Location: 46a Taharoto Rd, Takapuna
- Time: All workshops run from 9am til 3pm. Early drop off and late pick up by arrangement.
- Cost: $60 per one day workshop, $120 per 2 day film project. Deposit of 50% required by 11th April to reserve your place.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
John Munro: Head Instructor, Long White Cloud Kung Fu
09 550 3896, 021 970 211, email@example.com