Unfortunately knife violence is becoming a more common occurence in our society. It is becoming more and more important for individuals to know how to protect themselves from these weapons.
We have a basic knife defence workshop coming up that will give you a great start on how to stay safe from these threats. This will be great training both for beginners and martial artists alike.
- Date: Saturday 10th December 2011
- Time: 10am-12noon
- Location: 46a Taharoto Rd, Takapuna
- Contact: 09 550 3896 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will give a clear understanding of the danger of knives and how to approach them. It will develop key defensive skills:
- Avoiding the blade and protecting the vital organs
- Using objects to deflect, distract and entangle
- Using the legs to maintain range
- Engaging with the arms
- Controlling the blade
This workshop will be followed by intermediate and advanced workshops to help students develop a high level of proficiency in defending against a knife.
Below are a couple of videos that will be used as part of the basic knife defence workshop.
Contact me at email@example.com to book in for the workshop.